Financial Analyst Jobs in Toronto, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a global, luxury hotel management company. We manage over 120 hotels and resorts and 47 private residences in 47 countries around the world and growing.
Central to Four Seasons employee experience and social impact programming is the company’s commitment to supporting cancer research, and the advancement of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging at Four Seasons corporate offices and properties worldwide.
At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do. We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning and Analysis team.
The Financial Analyst will collaborate with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to provide financial support on corporate budgeting, reporting, and forecasting cycles and conduct financial analysis to support business requirements.
The financial analyst will also help to support the Residential License Fee budgeting and forecasting process cross-functionally across the Residential and Finance departments.
Post Name – Financial Analyst
Qualification – Undergraduate Degree in Commerce
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 29 To CAD 35 Per Hour
Location – Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4W 0A4
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Derive insights from qualitative and quantitative data across multiple sources varying in quality and completeness
- Impactfully message insights and takeaways using multiple delivery channels Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI, Adobe Creative Suite
- Prepare quarterly actual to budget and forecast to budget variance reports and analysis for Revenues and collaborate with various departments to articulate the drivers behind the trends.
- Collaborate with department stakeholders to help produce updated revenue forecasts every quarter and new budgets every year, plus the challenge and help to update assumptions in the long-range plans
- Prepare regular financial schedules to support management reporting
- Assist in the preparation of Corporate P&L reporting and metrics
Support for Residential License Free Forecasting, Analysis, and Process Stabilization:
- Ensure adoption and alignment across the multiple new tools introduced through an extensive consultancy engagement, from fee models, deal summary documents, adherence checklists, RAID log/dashboard, and training frameworks
- Help to integrate the new tools into existing and revised workstreams as documented in multiple process maps while highlighting issues through the RAID log
- Work collaboratively with Residential and other Finance stakeholders to help iterate upon Residential License Fee budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans
- Prepare easily digestible summaries of the various Residential meetings that take place and articulate agreed-upon changes
Long Range Plan and Cash Flow Modelling Support:
- Help to maintain and continually improve upon the model containing the long-range plan and cash flow forecast
- Consolidate and validate data from multiple sources to then include in the LRP to ensure reporting is accurate and connects to an audit trail
- Conduct variance analysis across multiple drafts of the long-range plan and clearly state the source of the variance and any assumptions that changed
- Conduct financial modeling on multiple LRP scenarios
- Produce high-quality and insightful deliverables deriving from the LRP
Ad-hoc Analysis, Special Projects, and Process Improvement:
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis, trend & sensitivity analysis, and financial modeling as required to support business decision-making and help answer spontaneous management questions
- Assist Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis in developing and maintaining analytical tools
- Assist on special projects and other assignments as required
- Use creative thinking to identify opportunities for improvement, including automating manual processes and reports, which will facilitate Finance Transformation
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Financial Analysis or relevant work experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or commensurate experience
- Any professional courses related to financial modeling will be a bonus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm to master the above and maximize the use of PowerBI, Visio, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Oracle Essbase, Hyperion Planning, SmartView, or similar ERP systems will be a benefit
- Working financial modeling skills and knowledge of macros
- Creative thinking, analytical skills, and solid business and financial acumen.
- Working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Project Management skills are an asset
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish and manage priorities with a superior commitment to follow-through
- Effective communication skills verbally, in writing, both in person and through Teams virtual meetings and interactions
Applicants must hold eligibility to work in Canada.